Austin Ten Drivers Club

Welcome to the Austin Ten Drivers Club Forums!

You are not logged in.

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Confirmation code

To prevent spam the board requires you to enter a confirmation code. If you can't read the image click here to refresh.

Options

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

David
2017-09-08 14:11:00

Thanks for the advice Ted and I will certainly try the banana paper solution which appeals to my sense of humour. I must apologize for my delay in replying which has been the result of ill health and I am always very grateful of any help.

6743_Ted_Prest
2017-08-15 18:13:55

David cant you make the templates yourself and send them to Coverdale to be made up,they didnt have the pattern for my Sherborne 6 months ago i made the templates and sent them off then you know they will be exactly right for your car,
I shop in Morrisons and saw their boxes of bananas had a quite stiff brown paper covering the bananas and it was excellent for templates as it is reasonably stiff,not like paper, i made my full car templates from them.Ted

David
2017-08-15 18:03:49

Thanks for the recommendation Edward. I shall certainly give them a call. Unfortunately, Exeter is a very long way for me so I will not be able to give them the car to fit the carpets but I hope they will have some patterns.
Best wishes
David

6493__Edward_Butcher
2017-08-15 10:06:24

David, give the following a try:-
TFI Motor Trimmers,
Cofton Rd
Marsh Barton
Exeter, EX2 8QW
01392 498888
email on info@tfimotortrimmers.co.uk

They made up the whole set for my New Ascot (but then they did have the car in their workroom for the pattern)

Ted of Lympstone

David
2017-08-14 23:09:03

Can anyone recommend a company who can manufacture a set of carpets for a 1935 12/4 Ascot, I suppose a 12/6 would be the same. I have tried Coverdale but nobody seems to have the pattern/ templates. A recommendation from a club member who has purchased a set would be most welcome. The existing carpets appear to be 1970's bedroom quality bit of patterned carpets so cant use them as a template. I don't have the facilities or ability to make some myself.

Board footer