Austin Ten Drivers Club

Welcome to the Austin Ten Drivers Club Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-11 18:18:33

Duncan

Parts required for 1939 A10

Looking for help, either to find and point direction of possible sources of spare or to buy parts to complete the car.

From what I can see so far, requires interior - door cards, seats, carpets,head lining.  Also looking for the correct badges for the frontgrill and bonnet.  Original headlights my be a help as may the side lights.

If anyone has a good grill or a remedy for a faded one which is effective and low cost, please forward all ideas and contacts.

I am looking at restoring it to war livery so if anyone has details of what may have been used or designs / markings etc then his would be very helpful together with any parts to complete this.

Finally, what is the best club or group to join in Lancashire for advise and parts?

Many thanks for your time and I look forward to your many replies.

Best regards

Duncan

#2 2017-04-12 08:27:08

6743_Ted_Prest
Members

Re: Parts required for 1939 A10

Join this club,ATDC,i have been a member for years and live in North Yorkshire,you will get all the expert help you need and club stores,and maybe some member living close to you,monthly magazine,for parts contact,www.aldertonaustinservices.co.uk. email;mark.greening939@btinternet.com.Also Available Austins,Ted

#3 2017-04-12 13:20:42

813_Peter_Winney
Administrator

Re: Parts required for 1939 A10

Duncan
Autojumbles are good places to find bits. Next one at Beaulieu is 13th-14th May.  ATDC will have a stand there.

The Austin 10 changed entirely during 1939 with almost not part the same on the new model. So the shape and appearance of the bits you need will depend on which model you have - a late 10hp Cambridge (centre-hinged bonnet) or an early GRQ (Alligator bonnet)
Peter W

Board footer