Austin Ten Drivers Club

Welcome to the Austin Ten Drivers Club Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-30 14:41:06

Brian Hutchings

Buying an Austin 10

I have a 1931 Austin Seven at present but old age and arthritis make it increasingly difficult for my wife and I to get a comfortable drive.
I like the Austin 12 but don't think that I could get one in and out of one in my garage so that has started me looking at early A10s. Can some kind person tell me the width of an A10 with one door open enough to get in and out
Are there any general tips that anyone can give on the points to look out for?
I am hoping to get to the National Rally in a couple of weeks time to get a better idea of Austin 10s.

#2 2017-06-30 18:37:50

6743_Ted_Prest
Members

Re: Buying an Austin 10

The Austin 10 has a body width of 4 foot 7 ins,the door open will be around 2 feet hope that helps,as what to look for the main thing i would look out for is the engine block make sure there is no tell tale signs of water marks which would indicator a cracked block apart from that just a general look around,good luck Ted

#3 2017-07-01 15:48:00

Brian Hutchings

Re: Buying an Austin 10

6743_Ted_Prest wrote:

The Austin 10 has a body width of 4 foot 7 ins,the door open will be around 2 feet hope that helps,as what to look for the main thing i would look out for is the engine block make sure there is no tell tale signs of water marks which would indicator a cracked block apart from that just a general look around,good luck Ted

Many thanks for that Ted, very kind of you and very useful too.
Regards, Brian

Board footer