Austin Ten Drivers Club

Welcome to the Austin Ten Drivers Club Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-01 17:24:26

brian walton

sunshine roof fixing

my sunshine roof has only 1 locking screw has anybody tried additional fixings as mine eases back when traveling any sugestions

#2 2016-11-04 05:37:51

7204_David_Johnson
Members

Re: sunshine roof fixing

The following is the advice I was given some time ago by a senior club member

Austin 10's were normally fitted with only one roof locking screw on the drivers side but a few have been retro-fitted with a second on the passenger side.

New locking screw assemblies are available from many sources such as Woollies and Austin 7 Spares or Austin Reproduction Parts. I am sure they will be happy to advise you.

Alternatively, you may wish to join our club and check out potential supplies with fellow members. My own car has two locks fitted but I suggest caution in fitting by checking the correct screw lengths as you want to avoid piecing either the waterproof covering or the intermediate linings.

If you only require one screw having excellent chrome but without the plate I have a spare available which you are welcome to for £5 plus postage which is what it cost me some 10 years ago.

#3 2016-11-08 16:10:58

brian walton

Re: sunshine roof fixing

thank you david Johnson re sunshine roof advice you inspired me to copy the fitting which now fitted and working     cheers

Board footer