Of the ATDC
That the cars, vans, taxis and light trucks covered by the Austin Ten Drivers Club - Austin vehicles from 1931 to 1939 in the horsepower classes 10 to 28 – be seen and enjoyed in use on the roads. These vehicles are not rare or delicate antiques and thrive on regular use.
Our aims are to:-
◦ Drive our Austin cars and for them to be seen in regular use on the road
◦ Maintain, preserve in original condition, or restore them to as near original condition as practicable.
◦ Organise activities and take part in events that encourage the use of our Austin cars
◦ Collect, preserve and make available relevant records
◦ Provide services and advice to ATDC members to assist in these aims
◦ Work with other organisations that share some of these aims, in particular with other Austin clubs
◦ Have fun.
Owners and drivers of Austin “Specials” are welcome as these are Club eligible cars that would otherwise have become scrap or which have a long provenance as a “Special”.
The formal objectives of ATDC are:-
◦ To propagate and foster interest in Austin Ten motor cars manufactured between 1932 and 1939
◦ To encourage and assist in the preservation and restoration of such vehicles◦ To compile and collect relevant records appertaining to such vehicles
◦ To organise such social and motor functions as may be desirable to further these objectives.