Austin Ten Drivers Club

Welcome to the Austin Ten Drivers Club Forums!

You are not logged in.

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Confirmation code

To prevent spam the board requires you to enter a confirmation code. If you can't read the image click here to refresh.

Options

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

Damian V
2019-07-21 19:27:43

AKT103 !

My dad owned this until 2010.  We sold it to a guy from Germany.

I suspect he bought it from your dad in '77, my dad would have been 25 then.  We are local to Slade Green!

I do have a few pictures but it didn't get restored....

can you post an email adress and I will get the ones I have across to you

813_Peter_Winney
2016-09-18 14:18:04

No it is not listed in the magazine. It is not an "official" ATDC site (as indicated by the name)

When I suggested a Facebook and Twitter presence the idea did not gain any support within the Club.

Peter W

8782_David_McCullough
2016-09-16 23:14:20
813_Peter_Winney wrote:

But this is the real McCoy for Tens

https://www.facebook.com/groups/311842908933403/

Thanks Peter, didn't know about that page, haven't spotted it listed in the magazine or even noticed it on the website before.

David

Pat cleary
2016-09-16 21:27:21

Thank you guys

Pat

813_Peter_Winney
2016-09-16 20:35:31

But this is the real McCoy for Tens

https://www.facebook.com/groups/311842908933403/

8782_David_McCullough
2016-09-16 00:00:32

There is a facebook page for Austin sevens that lots of Austin owners post on so this may be worth trying.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8069487412/

Good luck!

Pat cleary
2016-09-15 09:44:16

Hi Ted

I'm not either however, my children are... I will try and get that circulated.

Best regards

Pat

6743_Ted_Prest
2016-09-15 08:37:02

I am not on facebook could that be a place to look.????Ted

Pat cleary
2016-09-14 19:11:22

Hi Richard

You are so kind thank you thank you.....  so now that part is done I will write to dvla try and explain the situation and maybe?? They might be able to give me some sought information of its whereabouts and how long ago. I'll keep you update.
Thank you.

Best regards

Pat.

Pat cleary
2016-09-14 19:03:49

Hi Phil

Fantastic.... thank you so much. I remember my Dad going to the meetings. Funny what you remember at a young age. The car in our family holds some great memories although it was a unfinished project it was a place me and my sisters used to spend a lot of time. In the garage in the freezing cold.
So I assume with you finding the reg no that it isn't in the car club any longer or with that plate. Richard advised me to go onto dvla site so that will be my next step. Thank you so so much. If you remember anything else could you forward me.

Best regards

Pat

691_Richard_Ridlington
2016-09-14 19:00:13

Hi Pat,

Using the registration number from Phil's post unfortunately it is not known to the DVLA so at the moment things have come to a dead end.

The car could still be around in someones garage but the owner has not notified DVLA of its existence so let's hope they read your request for information and leave a message.

Regards,

Richard.

Pat cleary
2016-09-14 18:56:07

Hi Richard

Thanks for that information someone has just so kindly given me the registration, so with that i can now go to dvla and start hunting.
I will keep you updated and once again many thanks. And if you do hear of anything could you please forward me, thank you

Best regards

Pat

594_Phil_Taylor
2016-09-14 16:51:19

Hi,
I knew your dad in the mid seventies when he was in the Club (nr 785). He went to several of the monthly get-togethers at the Pickhurst near Bromley. He kindly relined a set of brake shoes for me (bonded linings) and they were excellent. I have looked through the membership lists and in the 1974 one, P G Cleary's car was a 1934 10/4 Saloon registration AKT 103 (a Kent registration), address in Alderney Rd, Slade Green. I had the same year and model car.
I was a tall thin bearded idiot - similar now but considerably older,
Best wishes to you and your dad, and hope you may be able to trace the car,
Phil Taylor (of St Mary's Cray at that time)

691_Richard_Ridlington
2016-09-14 15:31:27

Hi Pat,

Only a small amount of information about a vehicle is available on line - all that's needed is the Registration number (this is essential) and the make assuming that it is on their database either as a licensed vehicle (vehicles of this age are exempt from paying road tax) or has been declared as 'Off Road' - SORN.

To obtain further information if they have a record of the vehicle has to be done by contacting the DVLA at Swansea. They do not give out information about Registered Keepers very freely.

If you Google - 'DVLA Vehicle Check' you will receive guidance how to go about obtaining further information but because of the Data Protection Act they may not be prepared to give it out.   

I hope you have success - let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Richard.

Pat cleary
2016-09-14 11:46:10

Hi Richard thank you so much for your reply.... new it wasn't gonna be walk in the park however, I'll try and get some more information.
Would you know if I did manage to get full reg no would delay be able to tell me any information or details.

Once again thank you

Pat

Board footer