Austin Ten Drivers Club

Welcome to the Austin Ten Drivers Club Forums!

You are not logged in.

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Confirmation code

To prevent spam the board requires you to enter a confirmation code. If you can't read the image click here to refresh.

Options

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

6863_Norman_Ball
2019-09-11 18:35:38

Everybody that writes in forums falls into the "old thread" trap at some time.
Been there, done that.      smile

Happy Austining
Norman

813_Peter_Winney
2019-09-10 10:14:38
6863_Norman_Ball wrote:

Peter,  you should have given him that reply in 2016...

wink    wink

cheers,
Norman

When you get to my age time & space do strange things

6863_Norman_Ball
2019-09-10 09:49:20

Peter,  you should have given him that reply in 2016...

wink    wink

cheers,
Norman

813_Peter_Winney
2019-09-09 10:16:03
Austin10-Fan wrote:

I'm sorry, I just meant the front view of my car looks the same as the one on the homepage. Unfortunately, I do not know whether it is a lichfield. Can you say that on the chassis number?
Best regards.
Bernhard

Bernard
If your cabriolet has the same front (flat rad) as the one on the homepage then the bootlid from a Lichfield saloon or Colwyn cabriolet will not fit. You will also need the boss and wheel studs to hold the spare wheel on the back - see pictures of rear of cabriolets on this site under "Cars / Dating Tens" [ open in new window]

https://www.austintendriversclub.com/ca … d-image-14

https://www.austintendriversclub.com/ca … d-image-26

813_Peter_Winney
2019-09-09 10:08:40
Thomaschask wrote:

Приветик всем, я тут новенький "352"

Hello everyone, I'm brand new "352"

9797_norman_henley
2019-09-09 09:22:19

There is a Lichfield Boot Lid for sale on Ebay at the moment by a club member if that is any good for your car

Thomaschask
2019-09-09 04:27:17

Приветик всем, я тут новенький "352"

Austin10-Fan
2016-11-13 11:25:56

Who still has a trunk lid for my Austin 10/4 Cabriolet, built in 1934 in his shed? Please report, I need it urgently!

Austin10-Fan
2016-11-09 18:34:52
Austin10-Fan wrote:
7074_Frank_Chadwick wrote:

A10 Fan,

I think I have a Lichfield boot lid in my shed but it will probably need some work. It would be helpful to know whereabouts you are, these things are a bit bulky to post.

Frank C.

Dear Frank,

please can you look in your shed for the Lichtfield boot lid?
It's very important for me.

thank you.

With Regard's

Austin10-Fan
2016-11-09 12:28:40
7074_Frank_Chadwick wrote:

A10 Fan,

I think I have a Lichfield boot lid in my shed but it will probably need some work. It would be helpful to know whereabouts you are, these things are a bit bulky to post.

Frank C.

Dear Frank,

blease can you look in your shed for the Lichtfield boot lid?
It's very important for me.

thank you.

With Regard's

691_Richard_Ridlington
2016-11-07 00:37:58

Hi Bernhard,
Any photo that I wish to put on the Forum I store on Flickr - from there it is easy to share the picture - simply copy and paste the BBCode in this box and the job is done.
It will appear as about 6 lines of information but when you submit your post the picture will appear. It's as easy as that.
Regards,
Richard.

Austin10-Fan
2016-11-06 22:24:35

I'm sorry, I just meant the front view of my car looks the same as the one on the hompage. Unfortunately, I do not know whether it is a lichtfield. Can you say that on the chassis number?
I would like to send a photo of my car, but I do not know how?
Today I signed up as a member of your club but have not yet received an e-mail confirmation.
Maybe you could see it shortly afterwards.
Best regards.
Bernhard

813_Peter_Winney
2016-11-06 20:04:10
Austin10-Fan wrote:

For those with whom I have already corresponded because of the parts;
My austin looks the same way as the one on the club hompage. At the moment, however, it is partially dissected.

Regard's


The car on the homepage is an Austin Ten two seat and dickey tourer.  The body is significantly different from the cabriolet which has wind up windows in the rear-hinged doors and a three-position hood (fabric folding roof) over all four seats (see examples under Cars / 10s and also under Dating 10s).

My earlier advice about Lichfield boot lid and radiator grill is therefore incorrect.

Austin10-Fan
2016-11-06 13:06:49

For those with whom I have already corresponded because of the parts;
My austin looks the same way as the one on the club hompage. At the moment, however, it is partially dissected.

Regard's

Austin10-Fan
2016-11-06 12:57:01
813_Peter_Winney wrote:

A10Fan

Trunk (boot) lid - you may be able to get an old one off a scrapped car or get advice, dimensions and pictures from a member to get a replacement made. If you have a Colwyn cabriolet (the "cowled rad" car rather than the flat "chrome rad" cabriolet) it is likely a Lichfield lid will fit.

Cooler Grill (Radiator Grill) - again someone may be able to let you have a second hand one off an old scrapped car. Likely you will need one from a late 1934 or early 1935 car with the water filler in the radiator header tank on the left hand side of the car rather than on the right hand side as for late 1935 early 1936 models. I believe the change affected the metal work attached to the grill.

The other parts are less likely to be available (the wheel recesses rust away).  The folding roof frame is complex and you will need pictures and dimensions.

Hope this helps. It looks like a Project!
Regards
PW

Thank you for the quick Information
Best Regards,
Bernhard

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB