Austin Ten Drivers Club

Welcome to the Austin Ten Drivers Club Forums!

You are not logged in.

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Confirmation code

To prevent spam the board requires you to enter a confirmation code. If you can't read the image click here to refresh.

Options

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

8617_Mr_Syd_Smith
2018-11-18 13:48:57

Sounds a viable project for some one keen to take it on and at £5,000 sterling or less would not be expensive.

If it is a genuine Mini Cooper engine and it is all there it would pay the shipping costs, then all you have to do is find and fit the right running gear, simples.

It is difficult to see how the current mini set up has been made to work in a 10. Sump,Gearbox, clutch etc? Must be an "A" series A30-35 conversion or amalgamation perhaps.
Syd

7760_Ian_McLaughlin
2018-11-17 19:14:01

As a club member, I'm happy to post the link on your behalf. smile

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto … 06320.html

David Harrison
2018-11-17 18:11:51

My attention was drawn to this chrome rad 1934 four door tourer for sale in Orange County. I had a '35 Clifton in my youth & have always had a soft spot for mid 30's tens!
This on has been a bit "modified" The owner says it has a Mini-Cooper engine (!) it looks like an A series of some sort though. The body style was new to me, with "clap hands doors meeting on a central B post. Owner describes it as an Open Road tourer (?). For sale around $6500 add £1000 to get it here, so might be a good project. I have brought a number of Sevens back from the USA & it is easy, but I have too many & need to stay married!
It seems I cannot post a link on this forum, but look for orangecounty.craigslist etc & you may find it

Board footer