Austin photo identification

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
MarkRC

Austin photo identification

Post by MarkRC » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:10 am

I am a new member to the Forum.
I have a photo of my Grandfather's Austin sedan and would like some help in identifying the model, year etc.

How do I go about posting a photo to the forum?

Rod

Re: Austin photo identification

Post by Rod » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:56 am

I understand you have to be a paid up ATDC member to be able to post photos Mark.
Some of the guys here have access to the motor vehicle registration archived files, so if you have a number plate and are in the UK you might get something. Also the ATDC website landing page has a lot of images of the various models if you haven’t been there already.
Good Luck!

MarkRC

Post by MarkRC » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:56 am

Thanks for your reply Rod, I am in Australia and my photo is taken side on, so no number plate is visible.
I will have a look, as you suggest, at the ATDC landing page, to see if I can work out the model.
In the past it has proved difficult, as there appears to be small differences to each vehicle, in the photos on other webpages.

I think my Grandfather's Austin is a Windsor, but I have seen different photos listed under the heading of Windsor?

Regards Mark

Rod

Post by Rod » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:40 pm

Yes, that might make it a bit difficult!
And I assume you only have a photo so no frame (VIN) number?
Someone still might pop up on here with some intel.
You’ve tried your local pre-war Austin Club? Most AU states would have one I would think, in NZ where I am its the Vintage Austin Register.

MarkRC

Re: Austin Windsor photo identification

Post by MarkRC » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:48 am

I only have the photo, so no frame number.
Yes I hope someone might be a Windsor 'expert' and might be able to provide me some clues to look for.
I have tried emailing a couple of local state clubs, but they have not replied as yet.

peter_winney

Re: Austin Windsor photo identification

Post by peter_winney » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:29 am

MarkRC wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:48 am
I only have the photo, so no frame number.
Yes I hope someone might be a Windsor 'expert' and might be able to provide me some clues to look for.
I have tried emailing a couple of local state clubs, but they have not replied as yet.
Mark
There are several Austin Windsor (and "New Windsor" ) models. As moderator of the forum I can post a picture for you. Suggest you email me a copy at moderator@austintendriversclub.com
Peter W
Member since July 1972
Never too old to learn something new