Austin pickup truck

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
modeller

Austin pickup truck

Post by modeller » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:02 pm

I am a new member with an interest in making scale models. I am trying to identify a pickup truck in a photograph dated about 1937. The picture is from the Austin Memories website at the bottom of the Austin Racers page. It shows the car transporter for the Austin twin cam racer. Is the truck an Austin 12 and does anyone know where I may find blueprints or at least dimensions, wheelbase,track etc. I think that the bed of the truck would be about 11 feet long to accommodate the twin cam racer. I will try and post the picture.

Any help would be appreciated as so far I have drawn a blank.

david_mccullough

Re: Austin pickup truck

Post by david_mccullough » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:44 pm

Im sure I read in a VAR magazine that someone was hoping to make a replicia of the trailer
Whiteabbey, Co Antrim

modeller

Post by modeller » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:02 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Is VAR the Vintage Austin Register and would it be worth approaching them in an attempt to identify the pickup truck?

david_mccullough

Post by david_mccullough » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:38 pm

Yes the Vintage Austin Register, Im not a member but a friend passes me on the magazine for a read, so I dont have back copies to hand to check it out, sorry.
Whiteabbey, Co Antrim