Identification of circa 1933 Austin

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
peter-isle-of-man

Identification of circa 1933 Austin

Post by peter-isle-of-man » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:56 pm

I have a photo of my fathers Austin taken in the Sandbanks / Poole area of the south coast, probably in the late 30’s. I would like to identify what model the car is, I have a number of ideas but cannot definitively Identify the model from the cars features. If the car still exists, maybe on your register, then I would be pleased to know. You can only see part of the registration on the photo ***FA 50*** and probably originated from the Sheffield / Derbyshire area.
Any information would be appreciated
Thank you
Regards
Peter

I would post the photo but as a copy of it is only on my computer, I am not sure how to do this on this forum

peter_winney

Re: Identification of circa 1933 Austin

Post by peter_winney » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:31 am

Peter
As you have a photo on your computer you should be able to upload it so we can see the car and help you to identify it. The way to do this is as follows. First prepare your photo for uploading:-
  • Open your photo in a photo-handling program such as MS Office Picture Manager(I don't know what the Applemac one is)
  • Edit the photo making any adjustments you need such as cropping and contrast
  • Edit the photo, compressing it using either Compress picture for web pages OR Resize predefined width & height e.g. Web, large 640x480
  • Save it under a new name so you do not lose the original and to a location you can easily find
Second make your post on the forum:-
  • Start writing your post in the usual way (in this case of course in this thread rather than a new one)
  • Using Attachments tab at bottom click on Add files selecting the pic you have just processed
  • Press - Place Inline
  • Press - Return a couple of times to put in some white space between the text and the picture
  • Submit
And Bob's Your Uncle.

Oh and to get an idea of the different models of Austin 10 and larger in the thirties look at Cars on this website.

Peter W

cars.jpg
cars.jpg (80.83 KiB) Viewed 13856 times
Member since July 1972
Never too old to learn something new

peter-isle-of-man

Post by peter-isle-of-man » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:40 pm

Thanks for your reply.
For reasons I am unsure of I can not find an Attchments tab. All I have is load draft/save draft/ preview /submit, then a list of options, disable smilies / do not auto parse URLs / notify me when reply is posted.
Could it be that I am logged in as a guest not a member ?
Anyway I will return with a fresh mind in the next few days, maybe then it will become clear
Regards

peter_winney

Post by peter_winney » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:14 am

peter-isle-of-man wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:40 pm
For reasons I am unsure of I can not find an Attchments tab. All I have is load draft/save draft/ preview /submit, then a list of options, disable smilies / do not auto parse URLs / notify me when reply is posted.
Could it be that I am logged in as a guest not a member ?
Peter
That may be the answer. Attachments can carry viruses. Guests may find that option blocked.
Peter W
Member since July 1972
Never too old to learn something new