Austin10 Sherborne

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
John Evans

Austin10 Sherborne

Post by John Evans » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:29 pm

Dear Members.
I was the owner of a Sherborne 'restoration project' for around 30 years from the early 1970's. I eventually sold it to another club member, unfinished. On a whim, I entered the registration number on the government website and was delighted to discover that it was taxed. I tried the ATDC membership secretary to see if the owner was a club member. She informed me that she has a record of the car but no owner details. If anyone knows the owner and he or she was happy to contact me I can perhaps fill in a 30 year gap in the cars history. The Sherborne Reg is DMY797. Her's hoping! Many Thanks.

peter_winney

Re: Austin10 Sherborne

Post by peter_winney » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:28 pm

John
Unfortunately it does not look as though the present owner is a member of the club. You could try on the Facebook page of Austin 10s. Hoe you do find who it is as it would be good to have it back in the club. It is one of about 80 of this attractive car that have been known to the Club, tho' our current record of the Car No (GRK) appears to be missing a digit.
Member since July 1972
Never too old to learn something new

peter_winney

Post by peter_winney » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:28 pm

John
Unfortunately it does not look as though the present owner is a member of the club. You could try on the Facebook page of Austin 10s.https://www.facebook.com/groups/311842908933403

Hope you do find who it is as it would be good to have it back in the club. It is one of about 80 of this attractive car that have been known to the Club, tho' our current record of the Car No (GRK) appears to be missing a digit.

Sherborne_web.JPG
Sherborne_web.JPG (79.8 KiB) Viewed 7018 times
Member since July 1972

John Evans

Post by John Evans » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:31 pm

Dear Peter Thank you for your reply and advice. I think when my brother and I joined the ATDC in the early 70's the club was still in it's infancy, is that the case. Also, from memory, were you not the driving force back then, and living in Boxmoor? Thanks Again. John Evans.

peter_winney

Post by peter_winney » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:23 pm

In the 1970s My brother was the Spares manager and his wife the Secretary, at one time they produced the magazine with which I assisted.
Member since July 1972