New to 10 ownership

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
Merlin0161

New to 10 ownership

Post by Merlin0161 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:58 pm

Hi all,
Thanks for allowing me to join your forum.
I have recently purchased a 1933 Austin 10/4 and am looking forward to getting to know the car. I currently own a 7 which is under going restoration and I felt I needed something to drive while the work was being done.
I was wondering if there might be any local clubs or owners in the North West Manchester area that I might be able to call upon should I need any mechanical or morale assistance.
Thanks.
Carl.

peter_winney

Re: New to 10 ownership

Post by peter_winney » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:34 pm

Much of what you will have learned for the Seven will apply to the 10 as well, tho' the 10 is more robust so less likely to need repair. Worth getting a copy of Staton Abbey, Pitman's Book of the Austin 10 (lots of them about) though it does have the odd misleading "fact" such as the capacity of the gearbox for oil (double what it should be for Tens 1932-39).

The Club does not appear to have a Regional Meeting near Manchester but there are some joint Austin Clubs meetings farther away at Burscough (nr Ormskirk), Sheffield & Stoke - open link in new window https://www.vintage-austin.co.uk/meetings2
Member since July 1972
Never too old to learn something new