PICTURES OF FRONT OF HOOD PLEASE

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
bubble999

PICTURES OF FRONT OF HOOD PLEASE

Post by bubble999 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:19 pm

Hi, We have a new to us late 1934 4 seater open road tourer which has come to us without a hood , we have the frame but the wood that is attached to the front part is not original , and we are not sure how it should attach. Does anybody have any pictures please of the front part of the hood and how it secures once fitted please.The car is very complete and we are nearly ready to take it out on the road.Does anybody have an old hood that could be used as a pattern please. If not I will try to make a pattern out of an old bed sheet and then use this, but an original or near to original as possible would be fantastic, thank you in advance. Lynne

Hassan

Re: PICTURES OF FRONT OF HOOD PLEASE

Post by Hassan » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:04 pm

Hello
Hi I just joined today. I have an tourer 10/4 it's a cowled radiator car. I can't seem to find the attachment option for pictures, if you email me on husseini.hassan@gmail.com I'll send you the pictures that I can of the original but rotted wood.

Regards.
Hassan

Scott

Post by Scott » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:54 pm

I collect my 1935 12/4 open road tourer on Saturday. Ill happily photograph the frame for the hood with details as you need if they are common to your type. The hood has been recovered recently (1985) but the side screens are said to be very yellow and possibly original.
If I don't refresh the originals Ill use those as patterns to manufacture new.
Which model are you looking for and Where are you located?
S

peter_winney

Post by peter_winney » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:49 pm

Pictures of hood latch and windscreen spigot on 10/4 tourer. These are 2-seaters but 4-seat tourers are same.

In essence there are spigots (or rounded spikes) at each end of the top of the screen which fits into a hole in the front stretching bar of the hood. There is a half moon cut out in each of these spikes into which a bolt is pulled and held tight by screwing up the knurled knob. The frame needs to be held down against the pressure of the top windscreen weather seal. To stop the knob dropping off the thread is burred over.

hood-latch-10-tourer.jpg
hood-latch-10-tourer.jpg (87.15 KiB) Viewed 7457 times

screen-spigot.jpg
screen-spigot.jpg (75.17 KiB) Viewed 7457 times
Member since July 1972
Never too old to learn something new