where are all the topics?

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
ted_prest

Re: where are all the topics?

Post by ted_prest » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Bob it seems nobody is listening to all the complaints on here,or if they are listening then nothing is getting done about it,the way its going i can see it dying a death,and i was/am logging in to this and the old forum twice a day,Ted,P/S Apart from Peter and that isnt as much as he used to be the officials are all conspicuous by their absence,so that doesnt bold well as far as i am concerned.

peter_winney

Post by peter_winney » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:58 pm

I can assure everyone that the comments made on this site are seen and dealt with.

Inevitably users have difficulty with new systems and these can fall into several categories including:
1. Technical glitches on the site
2. Internet problems off site
3. User errors
This is why the advice is to contact membership services so that users can be talked though the symptoms and the problem diagnosed. However, this may require a call back. If you are out or have a call-blocking phone (like the one Liz and I have just bought) you might not be available to take them when the calls are returned.

Members should not underestimate the amount of work and time that goes into the process of rebuilding a website and forum especially if the client (the Club) requires the minimum of down time during the changeover and does not have anyone to test the new systems as a customer before they go live.

Please be a bit more patient and do not slang off what is a complex system that provides sophisticated services to members. Negative comments will only serve to discourage others from using it and pi55 off those who work hard on behalf of the Club. Ask not what the Club can do for you but what can you do for the Club.
Member since July 1972
Never too old to learn something new

steve_fennell

Post by steve_fennell » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:55 pm

Hear, hear Peter! I know from bitter experience what it is like to try to introduce new systems to an established group. Appreciation for the work and effort put in by club officials Is rarely forthcoming in large volumes. Please keep up the good work and, hopefully, members will get us3d to the new systems and appreciate the benefits of the new over the old, for example, the simpler process for uploading photos,

BeeAware

Re: where are all the topics? and POSTS

Post by BeeAware » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Perhaps I'm just too old?? I don't think I'm thick, unintelligent or a novice BUT (there's always a but) I have always found 'phpBB' forum software very very bizarre and hard work. Perhaps it doesn't match my LOGIC? I find it illogical.

Does ANYBODY recall my previous POSTS?? (electrifying a 1933 Chrome Rad' Austin 10) (Removing the sliding roof if anyone wants one)
Does anybody know my previous USER name (presumed to be "BeeAware" or perhaps "DazeOff" or "beeaware@icloud.com"

The user name "beeaware@icloud.com" is still in my password vault aling with a 'club issued' password - so I know I have existed once

Very bizarre and very confusing. Mike Kelly in Stockport 0771 288 7993 anytime

peter_christie

Post by peter_christie » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:15 pm

Like many others, I am frustrated by the absence of activity on this website. I check it out every day, but usually find I am the only member online.
Apathy kills.

Peter C. [6515]

DoctorMikeReddy

Post by DoctorMikeReddy » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:29 pm

Same here, as a new member. All I can see is the public forum :-(

peter_winney

Post by peter_winney » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:19 am

DoctorMikeReddy wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:29 pm
Same here, as a new member. All I can see is the public forum :-(
You should have received a new members pack which will have guidance on how to get into the Members Area. If not phone membership services for advice.

Unfortunately there are few regular contributors to the members forum, but those few often have some useful info to share. Fakebook attracts more but does have some bizarre stuff on it at times.
Member since July 1972

DoctorMikeReddy

Post by DoctorMikeReddy » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:46 pm

Thank you. I had to do the admin to get access; hopefully sorted now. Didn’t get any pack, unless it’s on the way? Is it a physical thing?

peter_winney

Post by peter_winney » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am

DoctorMikeReddy wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:46 pm
Thank you. I had to do the admin to get access; hopefully sorted now. Didn’t get any pack, unless it’s on the way? Is it a physical thing?
yes the pack comes via snail mail and contains a welcome letter, copy of a recent magazine, list of suggested onboard spares to carry on the car plus other stuff
Member since July 1972

DoctorMikeReddy

Post by DoctorMikeReddy » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:22 am

It arrived yesterday