Austin 10 Cambridge oil pressure pipe

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
Newbie77

Austin 10 Cambridge oil pressure pipe

Post by Newbie77 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:12 pm

Hi all, I am a new member in Northern Ireland having just bought an Austin 10 Cambridge which is my first pre war car. Would anyone know the best place to buy a replacement rubber flexi hose for between the oil pressure switch and gauge?
Thanks Philip

david_mccullough

Re: Austin 10 Cambridge oil pressure pipe

Post by david_mccullough » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:48 pm

Hi Philip,

Sorry I cant help you with the pipe. Im also in Northern Ireland, if your interested in meeting up with other Austin Owners here check out Ulster pre War Austin Club website and also on facebook.

Regards

David

Rod

Post by Rod » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:38 am

Hi Philip, I'm pretty much on the opposite side of the globe to you, but if no-one local comes up with an actual replacement, then I would suggest calling in at your local industrial hydraulic shop and see what they can do. They generally have ample supplies of oil-resistant hose, and there's a good chance they can match the end fittings and fabricate something for you. They most likely won't be able to match the braided outer. If you want braided outer and aren't too concerned about originality, some aftermarket engine oil coolers and transmission oil coolers favoured by the hot rod/custom car fraternity use braided hose.

richard_ridlington

Post by richard_ridlington » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:33 am

Hi Philip, I think that Theo at Austins of old arley should be able to supply what you are looking for.

Newbie77

Post by Newbie77 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:28 am

Hi David, Rod and Richard.
Thanks for your helpful replies, I have contacted Austins of Old Arley so hopefully Theo has a pipe that will fit.
Will take a look at the pre war Austin Club site in N.I David, I'm looking forward to using the Austin as much as possible and would be interested in meeting up for the runs and so on.
Thanks Philip

david_mccullough

Post by david_mccullough » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:19 am

Philip,

UPWAC has its first run out to Montatlo Estate in Ballynahinch on 11th July, hopefully you can join us. Meeting outside at 11.45 we will go in on convoy. Let us know if you want to come.

David

Newbie77

Post by Newbie77 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:40 pm

david_mccullough wrote:
> Philip,
>
> UPWAC has its first run out to Montatlo Estate in Ballynahinch on 11th
> July, hopefully you can join us. Meeting outside at 11.45 we will go in on
> convoy. Let us know if you want to come.
>
> David

Thanks for the invite David, much appreciated. I am waiting on the V5 application back from the DVLA before I can insure/tax it for the road but am looking forward to meeting up with the UPWAC for a run asap.
Be in touch.
Philip