Austin a10 Clifton A-Pillar Exterior Chrome

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
JackVCClassics

Austin a10 Clifton A-Pillar Exterior Chrome

Post by JackVCClassics » Tue May 16, 2023 9:01 am

Hi,

I am looking for the exterior chrome piece that affixes to the outside of the A-pillar, I believe it is a sort of wind deflector. I have the passenger side and am looking for the drivers, any condition of one someone has is no problem I can restore as required.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated on sourcing or selling cheers

JackVCClassics

Re: Austin a10 Clifton A-Pillar Exterior Chrome

Post by JackVCClassics » Tue May 16, 2023 9:10 am

I appreciate this would be much easier if able to see the specific piece I am after so have posted this over on to the facebook page with relevant imagery

peter_winney

Re: Austin a10 Clifton A-Pillar Exterior Chrome

Post by peter_winney » Wed May 17, 2023 5:25 pm

Here is a pic of the bit you refer to, but on the passenger side. It not only provides a chrome trim edge to the windscreen pillar but also something for the side screen to tuck into. In cross-section a sort of question mark shape.

You say you do have the passenger side but your FB picture appears to show that side as the one missing - probably the effect of using a phone to get the pic - they often reverse the image! The parts themselves are mirror images of one another so if you have one side you may be use that as a pattern to get one made.

windsceeen-side-trim.jpg
windsceeen-side-trim.jpg (126.93 KiB) Viewed 2307 times
Member since July 1972
Never too old to learn something new