Andre Hertford Shocker absorbers measurements

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
JackVCClassics

Andre Hertford Shocker absorbers measurements

Post by JackVCClassics » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:43 am

Hi,

Currently in the process of a full restoration of a 1934 Austin 10 with a registration of "JU 5201" and looking to return the suspension back to the original configuration of shocks/arms and leaf springs after it previously being converted to a more modern setup.

I am confident I have located the correct shock absorbers but am currently at a loss as to the measurements required for the length on the arms as there seems to be no standard sizes as from discussion with vintage car parts and elsewhere online

Would it be possible at all, for anyone to advise or even measure the shocker arms in situ that would be suitable thank you.

If any interest, I would be happy to share pictures of the work carried out so far

Many thanks

Austin ollis

Re: Andre Hertford Shocker absorbers measurements

Post by Austin ollis » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:18 pm

Hi Jack
Andre Hertford front shocker both arms are the same length 4 inch from centre to centre of bush
Andre Hertford rear shocker different length arms the upper arm is 7 inch from centre to centre of bush and the lower arm is 5 1/2 inch from centre to centre of bush
Hope this helps
Regards Austin Ollis