Later type Starter Solenoid

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
Old Bertie

Later type Starter Solenoid

Post by Old Bertie » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:11 pm

Is there anybody out there who knows where I can obtain one of the later type starter motor solenoids for my 1936 Austin 12/4 Ascot. I am out of options and cant modify as described in Tony's technical data sheet. These solenoids are no longer manufactured and I am just hoping someone will have a new/old stock or spare. Contact 07745918131 - david404johnson@btinternet.com

matt_coles

Re: Later type Starter Solenoid

Post by matt_coles » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:51 pm

Have you tried contacting the clun'a parts department via email or telephone? They have numerous secondhand spares, not all listed on the parts website.

Old Bertie

Re: Later type Starter Solenoid

Post by Old Bertie » Wed May 31, 2023 10:15 am

I contacted our spares department by telephone and they found the correct later type solenoid in stock and sent it to me. The part was obviously used but functional and had been cleaned. The base plate had a crack but this was easily fixed by using a larger flat washer to secure it to the starter motor back plate. These solenoids are very rare indeed if not extinct so well done to our parts department and also the technical help I received from Tony. In the meantime I also found a supply of new/ old stock parts in Belgium at a Land Rover and agricultural tractor dealer. So thank you everyone for your help.