member to member messaging

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
hobbo

member to member messaging

Post by hobbo » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:33 pm

How do you message another member. I have tried to search the forum as instructed on the club site. Thanks for any assistance

Ivor Hawkins

Re: member to member messaging

Post by Ivor Hawkins » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:07 pm

Top right of the page Hobbo next to your name, click private messages and go to compose message...Bobs your uncle!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:00 pm

Hi all I can find next to my name is notifications clicked on that and also the small triangle next to my name, can't find anything to do with messages. Thanks, hope it is not me being thick.Mike

stephen_voller

Post by stephen_voller » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:01 pm

Are you signed in as a member?
If you are then as well as notifications it should also say 'Private Messages' and clicking on that opens up messaging to members.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:08 pm

Yes logged in, top right of page is user name with a small triangle to the right, to the left it says notifications with a bell symbol to the left of that. Mike

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:17 pm

I joined the forum and registered before becoming a member of ATDC , would that make any difference Thanks Mike

Ivor Hawkins

Post by Ivor Hawkins » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:46 am

Yes, I had the same problem, but worked it out by registering for the club web site and the forum separately, it’s a bit of a pain and I have to log into the forum each time I visit, despite clicking the remember me box. It does seem to be a bit clunky, but it could well be operator error!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:07 am

Hi Ivor that's what I did, my user name and my registered club details are different apart from email address. I too have to log in on the forum each time although I press remember me, with logging into the club site, it does remember me there. Mike

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:03 pm

Managed to get a slight result from doing a message search. All I get at the moment is public request for assistance, do not get any other headings at all like general forum,technical help, exchange loans sales and wants, new members etc. No wonder nothing is working, I only get a small fraction of the page. I have tried to re register, but putting my email address in, it will not allow me to continue. Mike sorry for being such a pest

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:53 pm

Have now tried to register with a new email address.Getting this verified has created a whole lot of problems so I have accepted defeat. Thanks for the help from everyone Mike Hobson