Austin 10

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
Martin59

Austin 10

Post by Martin59 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:58 pm

I live in Northern Ireland and have bought an Austin 10 which was supplied by Ferguson's of Belfast. There was no V5 with the car and the registration plate is FZ 1892, Chassis Number G151720 and Engine IG 152100.

Could you please advise me as to how I could get more information on this car

Many Thanks

Martin

peter_winney

Re: Austin 10

Post by peter_winney » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:04 pm

Martin

With those numbers the car appears to be an Austin 10hp dating from between about March and July 1938. If a saloon it is a Cambridge and should have a plate on the firewall with the number G/RL 151720 matching the chassis No. If a Conway cabriolet - G/RC. The engine No being close in digits to the chassis No indicates it is likely to be the original engine rather than a replacement. The engine will be the late type HC engine (with oval water holes and different sized valved tho' you cannot see that until you take the head off). The Club can advise or help with getting a V5 with the original Reg No. Contact Membership Services in via the contact links on the Home page or using the contact details on the ifc of the magazine. I believe NI reg numbers are dealt with by DVLA at Swansea. I assume you have a label on the car with "Fergusons of Belfast" which is nice to have. Others on here may be able to advise on researching a cars history - I don't know anything about that.

Peter W

NI-reg.jpg
NI-reg.jpg (77.98 KiB) Viewed 1720 times
Member since July 1972
Never too old to learn something new

Martin59

Re: Austin 10

Post by Martin59 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:13 pm

Hi Peter,

Thank You for that information, I have just seen your posting. There is indeed a plate with the G/RL number.

King Regards

Martin