Josie is home

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
peter_winney

Re: Josie is home

Post by peter_winney » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:58 pm

Hi Brian
The members forum is just below the public one and opens up more options:-
forum-view.jpg
forum-view.jpg (254.76 KiB) Viewed 13592 times
Your welcome letter should have details of how to login to the website, forum and online shop.

You can change your forum password using User Control Panes / Profile / Password / Edit. The User Control Panel is found by clicking on the little down triangle next to your name or avatar near the top RH of the page.
Peter W
Member since July 1972
Never too old to learn something new

BrianEvans

Post by BrianEvans » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:43 pm

Hi Peter, no I don’t have that forum,even when I click on members area and then in the green menu click on forum it just takes me back to the same again and then you have to log in yet again 🙄🙁 surely I’m not the only one with these problems ,or am I ?
Brian & Jo

Ivor Hawkins

Post by Ivor Hawkins » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:36 am

Hi Brian, you are not the only one, I have to log in to the forum every time I visit as it never remembers me, whereas other forums do.

Also the main site wants me to log in with my email address, while the forum asks for my user name…very odd.

I too have had issues loading photographs, it’s a shame really as I’ve had loads of interesting stuff to post but just get frustrated trying…

peter_winney

Post by peter_winney » Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:44 pm

BrianEvans wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:43 pm
Hi Peter, no I don’t have that forum,even when I click on members area and then in the green menu click on forum it just takes me back to the same again and then you have to log in yet again 🙄🙁 surely I’m not the only one with these problems ,or am I ?
Brian & Jo
As I understand it (and I am not a technical expert) the structure of the site with separate logins for different elements is a consequence of the club's request to the designers to make the Forum and online shop available to non members.
Member since July 1972

BrianEvans

Post by BrianEvans » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:52 pm

Well Peter I have to say ,and I know I’ve only been a member for 5mins , that as a member I feel short changed with not being able to access the members forum or being unable to upload photos 😕and I’m obviously not the only one but it seems that nobody has complained about it before until now . But it does feel that the website and forum ,which in my opinion should be one, is very dated . Just my opinion .
Brian & Jo

peter_winney

Post by peter_winney » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:35 pm

As member you should be able to access the forum and upload photos. The new members pack includes advice on how to do this. If it does not work for you then contact Members Services
Member since July 1972

BrianEvans

Post by BrianEvans » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:45 pm

Hi everyone, could anyone tell me if on the 1937 Austin 10 Cambridge that we are restoring there would have been carpet like material lining the storage compartment on the dashboard ?
Thank you. Brian & Jo

Ivor Hawkins

Post by Ivor Hawkins » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:10 pm

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I think it had a fibreboard type liner with a West of England cloth type finish.

BrianEvans

Post by BrianEvans » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:58 am

Thank you Ivor , I would post a picture of ours if I could but I have tried all ways and no success so I’ve given up now .I will mention your suggestion to our trimmer .
Thank you
Brian & Jo