Members forum

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
DaiBrace

Members forum

Post by DaiBrace » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:14 pm

Only recently joined the club but can not see how to access the members area of the forum.
What do i need to do?
Thanks in advance

peter_winney

Re: Members forum

Post by peter_winney » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:39 am

To get into the members forum you need to register your email with Membership Services & they will give you an initial password to use which you can change once you are in. Contact membership services & ask.

I am not sure what you get in your new members pack these days. The Pack comes through the post with your membership card, welcome letter from Chairman, and a sample magazine. I believe the pack includes advice on how to get in to the members forum and other online services to members, but I have not seen a recent one. Certainly it should do so.

There is a members area on the forum, a members area in the main website, and registration for parts department (spares purchases) online (which recognises members discount). Get advice from Membership Services about setting up all three. You can change passwords to the same one if you wish - tho' I prefer to keep mine different so as to remind myself where I am in the site.

In the members area of the main site (Login/Join/Renew) you can check and amend your personal details held by the club. You can also set up a personal profile on yourself and your cars that can be seen by other members. Have a look at my profile when you can as an example of what you can do.

When you do get into the members forum please do put a post in the "New members" thread. In the "Website" thread you will find guides on how do do some things once you are in - such as uploading photos.
Peter W
Member since July 1972
Never too old to learn something new

DaiBrace

Post by DaiBrace » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:10 am

Thanks for the detailed response.

Not had the members pack as yet, most likely arrive soon.

I will 100% post a introduction thread with photos and details of my car. Keen to press on with the car bringing it back into a reliable driver so will have a number of questions along the way

BrianEvans

Post by BrianEvans » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:46 pm

Well I spoke to someone today at the ATDC, they told me what to do to access the members forum and still no joy . I have never come across such a complicated forum set up .I’ve now been a member for almost 12months and never been able to access the so called members forum or post photos. Really annoying and I’m sure I’m not the only one .

peter_winney

Post by peter_winney » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:20 pm

BrianEvans wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:46 pm
Well I spoke to someone today at the ATDC, they told me what to do to access the members forum and still no joy . I have never come across such a complicated forum set up .I’ve now been a member for almost 12months and never been able to access the so called members forum or post photos. Really annoying and I’m sure I’m not the only one .
Brian
Please email me on moderator@austintendriversclub.com with a description of how you have attempted to login and the difficulties you come up against. If you can take a print screen of each step to show as it can be difficult to envisage & diagnose from a description alone. I am not a technical expert (any more than I am with the Austin) but if stumped I can ask someone who is.
Peter W
Member since July 1972
Never too old to learn something new