Drive-it-Day 2024

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
peter_winney

Drive-it-Day 2024

Post by peter_winney » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:16 pm

Had to do a long journey on the day so went in modern & did not have time to take Austin out even for a brief run around. Did see the following while on the journey north: RR Silver Cloud, A7 saloon, Mossis 10, Jaguar Mk IX, 2 x TR6 probably in convoy, Peugeot 205 (Dutch reg), Triumph Stag (being driven very gently) Bond Bug, Marcos, Lotus Elan plus2. The Bond was among a large number of motorkikes at a cafe out enjoying the sunshine. Could not tell which were on Ride-it-day, a few were clearly heritage bikes but more modern bikes all look the same to me. Did see a bunch of 6 identical bikes (style and livery) riding in convoy.

plaque-2024 (2).jpg
plaque-2024 (2).jpg (54.71 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Member since July 1972
Never too old to learn something new

Ivor Hawkins

Re: Drive-it-Day 2024

Post by Ivor Hawkins » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:49 am

Living between Bicester Heritage an Silverstone, we were inundated around here! I was one of the few pre-war cars out and about, but lots of later classics were bombing around the lanes, particularly classic Americans for some reason.

I wasn’t actually on a Drive it Day run…just going shopping!