ATDC is a motoring club of international standing but has most members in the UK. Our activities are aimed at encouraging members to enjoy their cars and to meet up to talk and gossip about shared interests, not just Austin cars.
Our social activities include dining, dancing, holiday tours, trips to gardens or historic places of interest, picnics and barbecues, skittles evenings, Christmas and New Year lunches.
Our activities include:-
- Local Activities – social and driving events around the country including visits to museums, country houses and gardens, picnics, barbecues, rambles, skittles, even Christmas Dinner. See if there is an event near you. If not why not organise one?
- Regular Regional Meetings – “noggin and natter”, film shows, quizzes, lectures, pub games, tabletop rallies. Not just car-oriented.
- ATDC attends classic car shows around the country – at NEC and locally - and the world renowned Beaulieu Autojumble.
- Annual National Rally - the highlight of the events year, a weekend full of fun and a chance to meet your Austin family. Catch up on news, pick up technical tips, collect some spares, go for scenic and scatter runs, and enjoy good company.
- Holiday Tours in the UK and Overseas.
- Weekend parties - often based around a theme.
- AGM. For members to hear and discuss how the Club has been run for the past year, put forward formal proposals, elect the committee for the coming year, and be involved.
- Members Conference – new for 2012 is an Autumn Members Conference to discuss and propose future policies and plans.
Regional Meetings and local activities are organised by local groups of members. Many of these local ATDC groups combine with Vintage Austin Register (VAR) and Austin Seven Clubs (A7CA) members to gain the benefit of increased numbers and to capture the Austin ambiance.
Scenic and Scatter runs are organised throughout the year by individual members and regional groups. These runs are promoted to encourage members to take their Austins out on the road and to have an enjoyable day.
The following images are of a couple of Sunday rallies held annually.
The Riverside Run is held in April and takes a route through the leafy lanes of the Surrey hills, ending at a country pub for lunch.
The Parks run, held in May, has visited many of the royal parks in SW London and Surrey borders as well as some National Trust properties, usually ending with a picnic lunch.
These are friendly fun days out for our members and friends to enjoy.